Adult day care offers a positive situation for everyone in the family — not only the participant who attends the program, but also the family member who has primary responsibility as a caregiver. The physical, psychological and economical consequences for the caregiver lessen with the Care Center’s support.
For the participant, adult day care’s benefits can be extensive (according to adultdaycareservices.org):
- A safe, secure environment in which to spend the day
- Enjoyable and educational activities
- Improvement in mental and physical health
- Enhanced or maintained level of independence
- Socialization and peer support
- Nutritious meals and snacks